The agriculture sector has transformed drastically in recent past. There are new challenges for the governance of technology in the agriculture sector. In such situation, policy for sustainable agricultural transformation for backward areas focusing on small holdings through technological and institutional innovations becomes important. Increasing the value of agricultural products through agro-business related processes, agro processing and agricultural research are the other core issues for researcher. Sub themes for Agriculture Sector are as follows:
1. How can agricultural technology be made to work for the poor?
2. What are the implications for technology choice and priority setting mechanisms?
3. How are technology trajectories linked to processes of agrarian/livelihood change in different settings?
4. What should be the roles of public and private sectors (both international and national) in technology development?
5. How is access to technology options constrained? What alternatives exist?
6. How should national/regional innovation systems look to deliver inputs for small farmers?
S&T Policies for sustainable agricultural transformation:Policy for sustainable agricultural transformation for backward areas focusing on small holdings through technological & institutional innovations.
Climate Policy technological versus social innovations: Adaptations against floods in eastern UP and droughts in Bundelkhand region – technological versus social innovations
Energy Access and Inclusive Growth: Policy and regulatory framework for renewable energy technologies through STI interventions, village specific renewable energy technology
Health Inequality and role of Science and Technology: Wide urban-rural gap in the availability of medical services: Inequity – how STI can bridge this gap?
Technology policy for safe water using ‘system interventions’: (e.g., policy interventions, institutional innovations, new approaches to shaping the innovation process)